Philippians 4:8-9

whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Monday, October 13, 2008

I am at War...

I am at war like never before: at war for my thoughts, my spirit, my mind, my husband, my God.
This realization has me on my knees...
At the women's retreat there was a war for my attention going on, not only was it affecting my ears, but my body as well...I wasn't feeling well, but strangely enough it would happen right as the speaker would start..
I would either choose to leave the room or sit there uncomfortably, shifting in my seat and distracting those around me...(basically a "tool" of the enemy)

It was not until the ride home that I was even aware of the attack, I knew I was struggling, but against what, I wasn't sure...you know how us girls can be, we check our emotions before we check our spirit. (I do anyway)

This past week felt like a battle zone in my spirit: I wanted to focus on the Lord, but my emotions were out of control...and I was giving into my emotions as if I had not a choice...
I am at War and I HAVE a Choice: I choose to FIGHT!!!
I am asking you, will you fight with me, there is so much going on every day around us that WE NEED to be ready, WE NEED to be strong, WE NEED to be on our knees

Today, I give back my mind, heart, spirit, body, soul and once again lay it before the Cross: It is not mine to control, but it isn't the enemies either..
I am ready for the battle; are you??
Ephesians 6:10-20 (The Message)

A Fight to the Finish
10-12And that about wraps it up. God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
13-18Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

I am ready for the battle; Are you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always a fresh reminder to know that Jesus went through more. He went into the wilderness where as a man He defeated Satan only by the Word (Luke 4:3-4) Jesus said to the Devil, "it is written" Man shall not live on bread alone.... Yes, the Word is our defense, sharper than a two edged sword. We have the blood of the Lamb and the Word. This is how we can overcome ONLY by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of God and not loving our soul life.....(Rev. 12:10-11) where our mind, emotion, and will are. Lord only You are the victorious One that has passed through death and resurrection and much more in Your humanity to defeat Your enemy. Lord Teach us to take You more today forgetting the things that are behind and stretching forward to the things which are before, I pursue towards the goal.... (Phil 3:12-14)Pursue sister pursue toward the goal!